A Formation Program for the
Ministry of Spiritual Direction
September 2013 to June 2015
Members of the Spiritual Directors Group
Archdiocese of Regina
St. Michael’s Retreat House
- To invite participants to a journey for personal spiritual growth and renewal
- To introduce participants to the theory and practice of spiritual direction
- To provide supervision as participants practise and refine skills in the art of spiritual direction
- To provide a prayerful learning community for the participants while developing their gifts and deepening their capacity for contemplative listening
- To engage participants in the ongoing process of discernment of their call to the ministry of spiritual direction
- Twenty modules: Four retreats (First year: Orientation retreat; end of year discernment retreat; Second year: practicum retreat; commissioning retreat). Sixteen weekends (group sharing, input sessions, and community prayer).
- Short reflection papers once a month
- On-going spiritual direction and supervision
- Mature Christian adult who is seriously committed to an ongoing prayer life, to ministry and to growing in one’s spiritual journey.
- A sense of call to the ministry of Spiritual Direction
- Past experience of spiritual direction. Has been seeing a spiritual director for at least six months prior to the beginning the program
- Able to give a full commitment to the two-year program
Cost of Program - $4,000 - for two years. This covers accommodations and meals for retreats and weekends. A non-refundable deposit of $350 is required by August 1, 2013.
*Registration form attached on this page